[OpenSIPS-Users] Failed INVITE tcp_send

opensipslist at encambio.com opensipslist at encambio.com
Fri Dec 18 12:26:20 CET 2009

Hello again,

An jeu., déc 17, 2009, opensipslist at encambio.com schrieb:
>An jeu., déc 17, 2009, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu schrieb:
>>opensipslist at encambio.com wrote:
>>> REGISTER messages seem to be handled correctly, but I'm still having
>>> troubles with INVITEs:
>>>
>>>   Dec 16 19:03:05 name.host.tld <error> opensips[10237]: ERROR:core:tls_blocking_write: too many retries with no operation
>>>   Dec 16 19:03:05 name.host.tld <error> opensips[10237]: ERROR:core:tcp_send: failed to send
>>>   Dec 16 19:03:05 name.host.tld <error> opensips[10237]: ERROR:tm:msg_send: tcp_send failed
>>>   Dec 16 19:03:05 name.host.tld <error> opensips[10237]: ERROR:tm:t_forward_nonack: sending request failed
>>>   Dec 16 19:03:05 name.host.tld <error> opensips[10237]: ERROR:core:tls_accept: some error in SSL (ret=0, err=5, errno=0/Error 0):
>>>
>>Actually you have two errors there - one on a write op and another
>>one on an accept op.

One solution fixed both errors (assuming there really were two
different erros) as you see below.

>>You may try to increase the number of tries to something higher -
>>3200, just to see if that is the problem:
>>
>>    see tls/tls_server.c , line 689
>>       #define MAX_SSL_RETRIES 320
>>
>This doesn't make sense to me. If 320 retries are attempted with no
>write op success, then trying 3200 can't be the solution. Rather, it
>must be that I have an error in the config script or some permission
>problem no?

Sadly, the only thing I could do to solve the problem was to
increase 320 as Bogdan suggested. I raised it to 3200, but
surely there is a lower 'cieling' that would work. It leaves
me with a somewhat sick feeling however, because this seems
very hacky and probably only masks the symptom and leaves
the real problem intact (which could surface again in some
other form.)

Others have reported problems with the same tls_blocking_write
code, but as far as I know the problem has not been looked into.

Regards,
Michael