[OpenSIPS-Users] Issue with permission module in opensip 1.6

Jai Rangi jprangi at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 07:17:55 CET 2009

Not sure if this this the right place for this post. May be I should post it
on developers mailing list.  Please suggest.

Just installed opensip1.6 with Mysql, drouting and permissions module. Did
not take long to get it configure and get it going. Documentations is
wonderful.
While testing I noticed that,

1. If there is any invalid entry in dr_routing tables, and I reload the
dr_routing it spit the error for the mistyped/wrong entry and loads rest of
the valid entries. Same thing with startup. Opensip will start up just fine
even if there are some invalid rules in the table and throws the error with
ruleid.

2. On the other hand address table does not work that way. If there is any
space (Typo) in the IP address, opensip wont start and wont reload the
address table.
I have to put the valid IP address, there is not option for dynamic domain
names. (For people who does not have static IP). Not only that it does not
even tell which IP has a problem that makes it even harder to debug when you
have thousands of IPs in the trusted tables.

I was wondering if there is a work around for this. I would like opensip to
startup (or successful address_reload) with all the valid entries and throw
an error for invalid entries. Also having the ability to add an domain would
be nice.

Any thoughts??

-Jai