[OpenSIPS-Users] acc_aaa_request RADIUS timeouts

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Tue Dec 1 20:45:44 CET 2009

Hello,

I've been fighting errors like the following on recent builds of 1.6,
including 6367 I compiled today.

opensips[5015]: rc_send_server: no reply from RADIUS server localhost:1813
opensips[5015]: ERROR:acc:acc_aaa_request: Radius accounting request failed
for status: 'Stop' Call-Id: '694d54e70ac767a6713c4881508b706b-498b-910c'

This is on a lightly used proxy (still in testing) with 28 children and at
least 32 Freeradius threads on the same machine.  In Freeradius there are as
many sql connections as I have threads.

This seems to be load dependent but not in a way that makes sense.  If I
have 4 transactions processing on the box at once (a high load for the time
being) I might see the error.  Or I might see it at 2 transactions at a
time.  I don't think I've seen it at 1 processing transaction.

I've watched the radius traffic with tshark on the localhost interface.
Everything Opensips sends radius answers.  I'm not sure where the breakdown
is.

I have a similar configuration with hundreds of concurrent transactions
processing on a 1.5.3 box.  None of these errors.

Also, when I look in the radius database for these Call-Ids that supposedly
had a problem, the records are complete.  They did receive the proper Stop
request.

Any thoughts were I might look next?

Thanks,
Jeff