[OpenSIPS-Users] Media relay TCP timed out

Jayesh Nambiar jayesh.voip at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 19:38:16 CEST 2009

Hello All,I first time tried to use the mediaproxy with media-relay on a
remote host and everything worked well as expected. But after a span of an
hour or so the connection to that relay was lost and I could see following
messages in the logs:
media-dispatcher[23102]: error: Error processing query at relay
216.XXX.86.XXX: Relay at 216.XXX.86.XXX timed out
media-dispatcher[23102]: error: Unhandled error in Deferred:
media-dispatcher[23102]: Failure: mediaproxy.dispatcher.RelayError: Relay at
216.XXX.86.XXX timed out
media-dispatcher[23102]: error: Connection with relay at 216.XXX.86.XXX was
lost: TCP connection timed out

I could see no errors on the host where media-relay was running. When i
restarted the media-relay on the remote host it connected again. But again
after approximately an hour it again lost connection with the relay with
same errors.
During this one hour time there was nothing running on the server; no calls
nothing, it was just lying idle. But I don't think this should be the reason
for the relay timing out.

Is there a way where the connection can be maintained or a keep alive can be
sent to maintain the connection from the dispatcher side or the relay side.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

w/regards,
Jay