[OpenSIPS-Users] Redirect to independent servers

Gabriel Georgescu gabrielgeo99 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 21:52:52 CEST 2009

Hi List,

Can anybody give me an ideea? I try to implement a load balancing
scenario or call distribution to a farm of independent voip servers,
but the original caller IP has to be preserved. Because these servers
have their own billing based on original caller IP.
I understand that it might be possible to do this by answering to the
initial request with a 'redirect' message specifying eafch time the
new server IP.
Is this working, or is this the best way to do it?
Also I want to be able to probe if the independent servers are alive
and set a maximum calls redirected/minute limit for each server.
Can all this be done with opensips?

Thanks in advance,
Gabriel