[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips and/or Asterisk 1.4 with directrtpsetup=yes

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Mon Aug 10 18:43:49 CEST 2009

Ricardo,

In my experience directrtpsetup=yes fails to process any reinvites from
either side of the call.  So, forget about T.38, music on hold or other call
processing from foreign application servers (i.e. Broadworks), etc.

Opensips, naturally, has no such issues.

You've asked the question in an odd way.  That is, you've left out a lot of
other factors in the decision making process to go with Opensips or Asterisk
in your case.  The root question should be more like, "Do I need a B2BUA or
does a SIP server such as Opensips suit my needs?"

- Jeff