[OpenSIPS-Users] mailing list reply-to : list or sender

Schumann Sebastian Sebastian.Schumann at t-com.sk
Wed Aug 5 16:47:43 CEST 2009

I second that!

Sebastian

________________________________
From: users-bounces at lists.opensips.org [mailto:users-bounces at lists.opensips.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Pyle
Sent: Wednesday, 05. August 2009 16:41
To: users at lists.opensips.org

Yep.  Seems straight-forward to me.

On 8/5/09 10:03 AM, "Darren Sessions" <darren.sessions at me.com> wrote:

I agree completely.

 - Darren

On Aug 5, 2009, at 7:58 AM, Brett Nemeroff wrote:

I agree with you here. Even if it's "different" than the way most of your other lists work, "Poster" simply makes more sense. And I don't think another way should be picked because the poster might do the wrong thing. I think it's up to all of us to reply to the list as appropriate.

For me, If I'm reading a message from a specific person, and I hit "reply" I'm replying to that person. If I hit "reply to all" I'm replying to everyone. This just makes sense to me.

And if you set to "The List", it's very hard to reply to the poster. Since neither reply to reply-all will get you the email of the poster.
-Brett

 On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Dan Pascu <dan at ag-projects.com> wrote:

On Wednesday 05 August 2009, Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
 > "normal" is a fuzzy word. I can do the change, not a problem, but just
 > to past what mailman says:
 >
 > "Where are replies to list messages directed? Poster is *strongly*
 > recommended for most mailing lists.  ->  Poster     This list
 > Explicit address "
 >
 > Currently is "Poster"(which is recommended) and you suggest "This List".
 >
 > To be honest I consider logical the "Poster" setting as primarily I'm
 > talking with a person on the list and not to the list.
 >
 > But any other opinions are welcome here.

"The List" is a worse choice than "Poster" because it limits my choice of whom
 I want to reply to and makes it more complicated to reply to the sender alone.
 When using "The List", if I want to reply to the sender alone, I need to
 employ manual copy/paste of his address, after I manually delete the list
 address which was automatically added when replying. This is awkward and
 annoying.

 With "Poster", I can easily use reply, to reply to the sender alone, or "reply
 all" to send to both the poster and the list and the list will make sure the
 poster will receive a single copy anyway.

 I don't think nowadays it could be an issue to anyone, as I can't imagine a
 mail user agent without a "Reply all" function.

 --
 Dan