[OpenSIPS-Users] mailing list reply-to : list or sender

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana rabs at dimension-virtual.com
Wed Aug 5 15:50:52 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 05 August 2009 10:07:47 Dan Pascu wrote:

> That's in your world. I was never on any mailing list that used "The List".

Uff ... I don't know what to reply to this statement ... nowdays I'm on more
than 60 list, including Debian Project ones, Kernel, VLC and some other high
traffic lists, NONE of them use "The Poster"

> However I burned myself when I set the email client to reply to the list by
> default for a folder that was for a mailing list and I unwillingly sent a
> private email to the list. I find this to be more problematic than the fact
> that I may have to resend. "The List" creates more problems than it solves.

I have no problem to setup my Kmail to work with the "List mode", I'll doit as
most of list-admins don't want to change that.
Some users have said they prefer "List mode", maybe if more users reply we
could reach and agreement or not if admins don't want at all.

--
Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana
Dimensión Virtual