[OpenSIPS-Users] Contact header

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Aug 4 22:15:54 CEST 2009

Hi Raúl,

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 August 2009 13:03:02 Jeff Pyle wrote:
>
>> Raul, perhaps I can explain from the perspective of someone who may benefit
>> from such misplaced features.
>>

>> "Better" is in the eye of the beholder.  Or, perhaps in these cases, in the
>> eye of the implementer.  If topology hiding is the only B2BUA-style feature
>> I need and all my other requirements are satisfied by a proxy like
>> Opensips, why would I re-engineer my whole system on a different platform?
>>

> Maybe because "hidding" module of OpenSIPS is based on a broken dialog
> module ? ... that's a good reason for me.

saying that the dialog module is broken is an over-statement - I admit
there are some issues that still need to be worked out in the module
(forking and early dialogs) - see the thread on the devel mailing list,
but otherwise the module is pretty fine.
>> The good news is many if not all of these features have an "off" switch for
>> the uninterested parties to throw.  It's not often that everyone wins.
>>

> I know, maybe someday in a near (or not so near) future, I could use some of
> that fancy features, by now I prefer to have a SIP-Proxy+Registrar+Presence
> on Kamailio (sorry I don't use OpenSIPS
That explains why you have such a good opinion over the dialog module
;). So I understand your statements on the  OpenSIPS dialog module is
done without actually testing it...
> ) and B2BUA features on Callweaver
> GW's

you can do the same think in many ways. Depends of what you aim to do
and how suitable to components you are using are for your purpose - a
B2BUA is a powerful component (and intensive resource consumer) you can
use for changing a header in a request or for doing complex call/media
bridging .