[OpenSIPS-Users] Contact header

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Tue Aug 4 14:06:02 CEST 2009

Hi Raúl,

Raúl Alexis Betancor Santana wrote:
> On Tuesday 04 August 2009 03:44:33 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>
>> Hi Michel,
>>
>> You can not change the IP in the contact without breaking the routing of
>> the sequential requests. It might be possible by using dialog support
>> for these calls and to store the contact into the dialog and to restore
>> it later....but it is a manual work.
>>
>> Soon, a topology hiding module will be available for such purposes.
>>

> I wonder why people want to do such strange things ... no matter ..
>
> Also, a "topology hidding module" ? ... for what?, I think that such kind
> of "features" are very useless, IMHO.

not really - there are cases when you really want to hide (to the
client) the other end part of the call. Like if you want to secure some
GW (if you expose the IP of the GW, the risk of an attack increases). Or
if you are doing wholesale PSTN termination, you might want to hide the
PSTN providers you are working with (business protection)..
These are some examples, the cases are actually endless.
> If people want to hide it's topology, better to use a B2BUA and not a proxy.

The is partially true - a b2bua is more resource consumption - for
hiding the topology, you do not really need to create a new call, but
simple to hide some information from the messages....something that a
proxy can do in a more efficient way.