[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips-cp CDR correlation

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Thu Apr 30 10:18:27 CEST 2009

Hi Inaki,

Some inline notes :) :

Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> 2009/4/30 Dan Pascu <dan at ag-projects.com>:
>
>> I'm sure there is this kind (and unfortunately not in short supply), but
>> you do realize that if some employee has a expertise to hack a SIP device
>> to send abnormal BYE requests that attempt to fake the closing of the SIP
>> session while preventing the media from closing, he also has the much
>> simpler expertise to use skype or an un-hacked SIP device with a public,
>> free, unaccounted SIP service. That boss cannot win this fight, though I
>> have a feeling he is not willing to listen to reason.
>>
>> To be honest, I do not think there is an enforceable solution for such a
>> case. No matter if you use session timers, or even if you use a media
>> relay, the employees can always chose to use skype or another means to
>> communicate which goes around the system completely.
>>

> Yes, I agree on it. However I just wanted to mean that using a
> media-proxy is not the best solution for all the cases, specially when
> clients are behind same NAT (an office for example)
from the open internet, you cannot tell (100% sure) if two devices are
in the same subnet! it is a bit risky.
>  and the PBX/Proxy
> is hosted in some datacenter.
> Also, for calls to a gateway in our same datacenter, forcing the RTP
> through a media-proxy is not the only solution. Using SessionTimers
> (so a B2BUA is required and not just a proxy) is also a good solution
> (and cheaper since no servers are needed for relaying the media).

I tend to agree SST is more efficient, but : (1) less accurate (20
minute timer has a good error :D) , (2) not widely supported by all
devices and (3) exposed to hacks (as it is signalling, the same as acc).