[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips-cp CDR correlation

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Wed Apr 29 23:59:05 CEST 2009

On Wednesday 29 April 2009, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> LAN traffic is cheap? perhaps I should describe again the scenario I
> described:
>
> A company using a *hosted* virtual proxy/PBX service. The provider (the
> proxy/B2BUA is in some datacenter while the phones are in the company
office
> behind a NAT router). There is no media-proxy in the LAN. If you force a
> media-proxy it should take place out of the office (so comsuming
> ADSL/SHDSL/... bandwith).

There's a saying that all good things in life are illegal, immoral or make
you fat ;)

It's a tradeoff. If you are not willing to make it, then don't. Find
another way to solve your problem. I'm sorry if you got the impression I
was trying to convince you of anything...

> In my example, I clearly spoke about a conversation between two phones
> in the  LAN.
> With your suggestion (using a media-proxy to ensure the accounting
> reliability) the audio would go and back to the provider datacenter (in
> which the media-proxy resides).

My bad. I was under the impression that we are discussing ways to prevent
a user from hacking a system and getting calls which are free of charge.
In my (limited) knowledge, this only applies to PSTN calls (which have a
fee). Maybe you care to elaborate why do you care for accounting for free
(as in no fee involved) SIP to SIP calls or why would a user be interested
in hijacking a SIP to SIP call that is free of charge?

--
Dan