[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips-cp CDR correlation

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Apr 29 16:42:08 CEST 2009

2009/4/29 Adrian Georgescu <ag at ag-projects.com>:

> What you describe can work technically but seem to require cooperation from
> the end-points.

No, SessionTimers just requieres one endpoint supporting them. In the
case I described, the B2BUA (acting as UAS for phone 1 and UAC for
phone 2) does support SessionTimers so can monitorize the dialog
status in both legs.

> Is the goal to have reliable accounting for when the network
> has problems or when the users miss-behave?

Imagine a company using a hosted virtual PBX solution (the
proxy/SA/B2BUA has public IP while the phones are behind NAT).
Imagine the boss wishing to have an accurated log (cdr) of how long
his employers are speaking between them. These calls take place,
probably, into the same LAN so a media-proxy is not required to allow
bidirectional audio. Also, forcing a media-proxy could consume high
bandwitch and create audio delay. It shouldn't be required just to get
accurate accounting.

Best regards.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo