[OpenSIPS-Users] opensips-cp CDR correlation

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Wed Apr 29 16:28:33 CEST 2009

2009/4/29 Adrian Georgescu <ag at ag-projects.com>:

> On Apr 29, 2009, at 3:42 PM, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:

> Sure, but forcing the media through a media proxy is not the "magic"
> solution for all the scenarios.
>

> Inaki,
> Just for clarity, do you mean that is not a solution for which case:
> A) All scenarios that do use MP or
> B) When you do not want to use MP explicitly
> The distinction is important because in the first case it could be a bug
> (please report it) that could eventually be fixed when it does not work
> properly and in the later is a topology setup decision.

I mean B) case  :)

Let me explain an example:

- Two users with STUN or public IP so no media-proxy is required in
order to get audio properly.
- But me (the provider) want to account a call between them (perhaps
not for billing, but for any other reason).

Solutions for *secure* accounting:

a) Use of a media-proxy (but this requires a media-proxy... and I
don't want it since it's not needed for getting audio).

b) One of both phones use SessionTimer (this depends on the clients,
obviously not a "secure" solution for me).

c) Me (the provider) use a transparent B2BUA in the middle of the call
so the B2BUA forces SessionTimers for leg_A (phone 1) and leg_B (phone
2).

Option c) ensures, just with SIP signalling, that the accounting is
accurate without the need of a media-proxy (which could add delay and
consumes *my* network resources).

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo
<ibc at aliax.net>