[OpenSIPS-Users] R: Ring Group - Memory Hunt - with serial forking?

Mauro Davi' mauro.davi at acotel.com
Tue Apr 21 14:47:13 CEST 2009

OK.. now I understand!!! :-)

-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: users-bounces at lists.opensips.org [mailto:users-bounces at lists.opensips.org] Per conto di Chris Maciejewski
Inviato: martedì 21 aprile 2009 14:06
A: users at lists.opensips.org
Oggetto: Re: [OpenSIPS-Users] Ring Group - Memory Hunt - with serial forking?

2009/4/21 Bogdan-Andrei Iancu <bogdan at voice-system.ro>:
> Hi Chris,
>
> Chris Maciejewski wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I am trying to implement a Ring Group with
>> a Memory Hunt ring strategy.
>>
>> The scenario looks as follows:
>>
>> There is a subscriber A, B and C. All of them are members of the same
>> Ring Group.
>>
>> When there is a INVITE to a "Ring Group" Opensips should send an
>> INVITE to subscriber A, after 10 seconds it should send an INVITE to
>> subscriber B and after another 10 seconds one more INVITE
>> to subscriber C. If there is no 200 OK from A,B or C in 40 seconds,
>> call should be forwarded to Voicemail server.
>>

> This is something you cannot do right now - to wait N seconds and create
> another branch of an existing call (without cancelling the previous
> branches).
>
> What you want to do is a kind of "asynchronous" parallel forking.
>
> Regards,
> Bogdan

Thanks Bogdan.

Yes, indeed what I am trying to achieve is a kind of "asynchronous"
parallel forking.
My previous diagram ended up a little mangled, so below is one more

------------------------ INVITE a at ex.com -------------------->

10 sec.   --------------- INVITE b at ex.com ---------------->

      20 sec.     ------------- INVITE c at ex.com ---------->

          40 sec.           --------- CANCEL a,b,c --------->
                                ----- INVITE voicem at ex.co -->

Was looking into CPL RFC, but it doesn't seem to offer any "delay"
functionality.

Would "sleep("10")" from cfgutils module used in a branch_route maybe
do what I want?

Regards,
Chris