[OpenSIPS-Users] Removing a VIA line required by Telco.

Iñaki Baz Castillo ibc at aliax.net
Mon Apr 20 22:12:56 CEST 2009

El Lunes, 20 de Abril de 2009, David Gilbert escribió:

> Can't OpenSIPS be smart and remember the other VIA line as part of the
> "state" it keeps?

This would require storing the second (and others) Via headers in memory and
appending them back in the responses. Obviously OpenSIPS (as any proxy in the
world) is not designed for such a mess. Why would a proxy behave as anything
but a proxy? It doesn't make sense.

> I know that the solution we replaced (run by another
> company) used a switch that didn't handle the media and yet still
> managed to deliver only one VIA line to this telco.

Then that is not a proxy, but a B2BUA.

PD: Please, say something unpleasant to your carrier in my name.

--
Iñaki Baz Castillo <ibc at aliax.net>