[OpenSIPS-Users] Removing a VIA line required by Telco.

David Gilbert openser at dclg.ca
Mon Apr 20 21:25:12 CEST 2009

I've read a considerable number of posts.  It doesn't seem like anyone
has had to do this.

My Telco (no choice in this matter) doesn't "support" using proxies.  My
call must come from a specific IP (running the proxy) but it must not
contain VIA lines with anything other than the IP.  Currently, I have:

Asterisk (client) --IAX--> Asterisk (mine) --SIP--> OpenSIPS --SIP--> Telco

The Telco only wants to see the OpenSIPS IP in a single VIA header.
Asterisk puts in a VIA header, OpenSIPS adds one, call fails.

I've tried send('Telco'), but this fails as the VIA header has the
Asterisk(mine) IP.  I've tried remove_hf('Via'), but this seems to just
make a mess of things --- one big extended VIA header (and it fails).

So... I believe I need to remove the VIA header, but I can't find a way
that works...