[OpenSIPS-Users] generate key

duane.larson at gmail.com duane.larson at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 16:15:56 CEST 2009

Be sure to read through the links that you are given so that you have a
good understanding, but here are the steps I always take

Now we need to create the TLS certifications and Keys
(http://www.imacat.idv.tw/tech/sslcerts.html Read Create a Server
Certificate)
openssl genrsa -des3 -out /etc/ssl/private/openxcap.key 2048 <------ Set
the password to whatever you want
chmod og-rwx /etc/ssl/private/openxcap.key
openssl req -new -key /etc/ssl/private/openxcap.key -out /tmp/openxcap.req
US
State
City
openxcap01.blahblah.com CA

openssl x509 -req -days 7305 -sha1 \
-extfile /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf -extensions v3_ca \
-signkey /etc/ssl/private/openxcap.key \
-in /tmp/openxcap.req -out /etc/ssl/certs/openxcap.crt

rm -f /tmp/openxcap.req

openssl genrsa -out /etc/openxcap/tls/openxcapserver.key 2048
chmod og-rwx /etc/openxcap/tls/openxcapserver.key
openssl req -new -key /etc/openxcap/tls/openxcapserver.key -out
/tmp/openxcapserver.req ********BE SURE NOT TO SET A PASSWORD******
US
State
City
openxcap01.blahblah.com

openssl x509 -req -days 3650 -sha1 \
-extfile /etc/ssl/openssl.cnf -extensions v3_req \
-CA /etc/ssl/certs/openxcap.crt -CAkey /etc/ssl/private/openxcap.key \
-CAserial /etc/ssl/openxcap.srl -CAcreateserial \
-in /tmp/openxcapserver.req -out /etc/openxcap/tls/openxcapserver.crt

openxcap.crt is the key that needs to be given out to the clients (Bria) -
Copy it to the desktop, open IE and click on Tools -> Internet Options ->
Content Tab -> Certifications Button -> Import -> And select "Automatically
select the certificate store based on the type of certificate"
Then configure Bria with the following
Presence Tab - Mode = Presence Agent
Storage Tab - Storage Method = XCAP
Root URL: https://openxcap01.blahblah.com/xcap-root/