[OpenSIPS-Users] Opensips with MediaProxy

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Wed Apr 8 09:04:03 CEST 2009

On Tuesday 07 April 2009, Stefano Favaro wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm trying to use Opensips 1.5 together with mediaproxy 2.0 in the
> following scenario:
>
>  Opensips + Mediarelay and dispatcher on the same machine.
>  The server has 2 network interfaces: the first interface has a public
> ip, the second one has a private ip. My internal sip systems (switch,
> gateways, softphones etc.) connect to the private ip. External
> softphones are registered on the public ip.
>  Mediaproxy is binding on both ip addresses.

How exactly do you do that? Mediaproxy can only bind to a single IP.

>  RTP seems to work correctly, but i have some problems with the
> protocol: I've found these errors on opensips:
>  ERROR:core:udp_send: sendto(sock,0x81b0c30,474,0,0xbf898d78,16):
> Operation not permitted(1)
>
>  After the call is connected the 200 OK message is sent continously
> from the remote party and after 30 seconds the call terminates.

Looks like the ACK is not routed properly.

>  Do you think that this solution can be the right one or have you got
> better suggestions? Can you help me? Thanks.

I think things will get much simpler if you only use the public IP and
allow forwarding from the private LAN to the public LAN for the devices
on the private LAN to be able to use the public addresses of the proxy
and the relay.

--
Dan