[OpenSIPS-Users] [Presence] Unblock delay & Polite-block

David Loh david.loh at vyke.com
Fri Sep 26 12:56:56 CEST 2008

Hi Guys,

    Recently I was implementing presence status with privacy
authorization (XCAP) and faced some strange problem. Whenever I block
any buddy with "Privacy Rules" on eyeBeam, the XCAP get updated
immediately and blocked user will change my presence status to 'offline'
almost immediately, but whenever I unblocked any previously blocked
buddy, XCAP get updated but it's take approximate 5 minutes for other
buddy to view me as 'online'. I have my other colleague tried on Free
World Dialup, and apparently they're having the same problems too. Has
anyone come across this problems too?

    Meanwhile I was trying the "polite-block", it's seems the pres-rules
that created by eyeBeam will not have the "polite-block" in sub-handling
tag, and I was confused about "polite-block" & regular block. Wondering
if there any SIP proxy out there implemented "polite-block" for testing?
And what's the client that fully support "polite-block"?

Thanks,
David Loh