[OpenSIPS-Users] Openser running between 2 networks

Bruno Machado bsmufu at yahoo.com.br
Wed Sep 24 02:13:41 CEST 2008

Hi fellows.

I've been looking for a solution to solve this problem. The Openser is running
over 2 IPs: private and public. I also have 2 ATAs: one of them has a private IP
and the second has a public. When the session is established, ATA A will send
RTP to the Openser private interface and ATA B will send to its public IP. RTPProxy will
route the "private RTP packets" to "public network" and vice-versa

private                                       public
ATA A                Openser                ATA B
------- INVITE -------> private IP
                     public IP  ------- INVITE ----->

I've implemented a script but it doesn't work like the way described above.
When Openser receives the INVITE through its private IP, it forwards the
message to ATA B using the its private IP.
I saw that RTPProxy has a bridge mode and the Nathelper's function has
some parameters to handle with it. The SDP's 'c header' is changed properly when
I use them, but the source IP (when Openser sends it to the public ATA) remains private (I'm not thinking that 'force_rtp_proxy' will set the network layer). In one hand, I already
have the SDP set properly; but the source address still belonging to the private
network. So, I just have 50% done. I tried to add an argument in "t_relay", like "udp:XXX.YYY.WWW.ZZZ:5060", without success.
I don't know if what I want is possible: this behavior belongs to a "IP router", interconnecting 2 different networks. I didn't find anything similar to this (maybe I didn't search enough (and I believe that it is the only clever thing here until now...)).
So... Am I getting crazy or it is clearly possible? (perhaps both..)

Regards
Bruno Machado

      Novos endereços, o Yahoo! que você conhece. Crie um email novo com a sua cara @ymail.com ou @rocketmail.com.
http://br.new.mail.yahoo.com/addresses