[OpenSIPS-Users] Question about auth_db

Gustavo Mistrinelli gmistrinelli at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 04:37:39 CEST 2008

Hi Juan,

Yes, you can use another database/table to do user authorization, just you
only need to setup auth_db parameters to map your own schema.

*Change auth_db parameters**

modparam("auth_db", "user_column", "username_column")
modparam("auth_db", "password_column", "password_column")
modparam("auth_db",  "db_url", "mysql://database_user:password@database_host
/database_name")  *

You need to take care about how password column and if it's plain text you
need to set up calculate_ha1:
*modparam("auth_db", "calculate_ha1", 0)*
*
Modify ** **table name inside your** **authentication blocks**
*
*if (www_authorize("your_realm", "new_users_table**")) {
    www_challenge("your_realm, "0");
};
**if (proxy_authorize("your_realm", "new_users_table**")) {
    proxy_challenge("your_realm, "0");
};*

Regards,

Gustavo

On Sat, Sep 20, 2008 at 10:04 PM, Juan Backson <juanbackson at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am maintaining an application DB and an Opensips DB.  For the Opensips
> DB, I would like to move the subscribers table to my app DB so that I don't
> need to maintain two sip_user_name in two different places.  It is do-able?
> Can I just move that one table to my app DB or I also need the rest of the
> Opensips tables moved as well?
>
> Also, is it possible to tell Opensips to check auth against the table I am
> defining instead of the subscriber table?
>
> Could anyone have done that give me some suggestion on how to do it?
>
> Thanks,
> JB

Gustavo Mistrinelli