[OpenSIPS-Users] Forwarding REGISTER messages to Asterisk

Simon Shaw sshaw at interwise.com
Wed Sep 3 19:44:42 CEST 2008

I would like to use OpenSIPS as a pure router between some of my SIP UAs
and Asterisk such that when one of these UAs registers with OpenSIPS the
REGISTER message will be redirected to Asterisk where it will be
handled.   When a UA that is connected directly to the Asterisk box
dials one of the OpenSIPS UAs I would like the SIP INVITE to be sent
from the Asterisk box via OpenSIPS.

I have managed to forward the REGISTER messages to Asterisk using
rewritehost(<IPofAsterisk>), however when a UA that is registered
directly with the Asterisk dials a UA that registered via OpenSIPS the
INVITE message is sent directly from Asterisk to the UA.

I guess this is happening because Contact header in the REGISTER message
has the IP of the UA and not that of OpenSIPS.

If this assumption is correct what is the correct method to change the
IP in the contact header?  Could the NATHelper be useful here?

Thanks,

Simon