[OpenSIPS-Users] Wierd OS ACK to private IP

David Villasmil david.villasmil.work at gmail.com
Mon Sep 1 13:51:00 CEST 2008

I tried that but nothing... In any case I don't think it would work. The UAC
(or the router) sends the ACK like this:

U +0.142623 A.B.C.D:60962 -> W.X.Y.Z:5060
ACK sip:04184233727 at 192.168.254.2:45828 SIP/2.0*       <-----
Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 10.0.0.6:45828
;branch=z9hG4bK-d8754z-a335c33b301d7d17-1---d8754z-;rport*
Max-Forwards: 70*
Route: <sip:W.X.Y.Z;lr;ftag=062d897a;nat=yes>*
Contact: <sip:5010143 at A.B.C.D:60962>*
To: ""04184233727""<sip:04184233727 at my.domain.com<sip%3A04184233727 at my.domain.com>
From: ""5010143""<sip:5010143 at my.domain.com <sip%3A5010143 at my.domain.com>
>;tag=062d897a*

The VIA is ok, but the marked line is NOT. That 192.168.254.2 is the UAC's
router private IP! So is it ACK'ing the router? don't know, but os relays
that ACK to ip 192.168.254.2... the calle IP is actually a public IP...

Anyway to fix this without touching the UAC?
Shouldn't OS be able to match the banch and relay that ACK to the rigth IP?

It seems like the UAC (10.0.0.6) is sending its ACK to the ROUTER (
192.168.254.2)

this is the setup:

OS (W.X.Y.Z) Public IP

(A.B.C.D) public ip