[OpenSIPS-Users] Lenny or Etch ? (mediaproxy)

Grygoriy Dobrovolskyy g.dobrovolskyy at gmail.com
Thu Oct 30 17:10:52 CET 2008

I will be installing the opensips in production shourtly, so the first
stage, no cdr logging. I have installed it on debian etch, well after that i
have searched for a accurate cdr solution, and found that mediaproxy and
opensips + cdr tool is suitable for me. As i was reading further i noticed
that mediaproxy-dispatcher should be installed on the same system where
opensips is, and a lot of peoples has troubles installing mediaproxy and
etch(gnutls ect).

1:So, should i reinstall everything on debian lenny ? or the dispatcher-only
module does not require latest stuff ? Also i am searching the best
stability as possible,i will be using 2 opensips servers and heartbeat,
2:what is the best scheme for my installation ?
3: Maybe i should merge opensips(HA) and mediaproxy(HA) ?  (dell 1950
quadcore)
I imagined something like this.

Asterisk call centers <===> opensips1&opensips2(HA)<=====>T2 gateways

                                               mediaproxy1&2(ha)
Also there in no NAT between any devices.

Please advice.