[OpenSIPS-Users] [Kamailio-Users] Dimensioning a telephony system based on openser!

Mark Sayer datapipes at avtb.co.nz
Thu Oct 30 01:23:42 CET 2008

We are running a similar operation but settled on just OpenSER +
Asterisk. All media runs thru Asterisk so MediaProxy isn't required
and a custom billing engine was easy enough to put together. Yes it
uses a lot more bandwidth and CPU but the combination of accurate
accounting and easy NAT transversal make it worthwhile for us.

The total number of subscribers isn't an issue (there are just
entries in a database) there is no difference between VoIP<>VoIP and
VoIP<>PSTN for us as both are SIP connections. We haven't maxed our
initial Asterisk box yet but anticipate that it will handle about 200
concurrent calls depending on codec translation. A single OpenSER +
database box should be able to handle several Asterisk boxes.

(I'll also take comments on above, thanks)

Mark