[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy gives "ASN1 parser: Element was not found"

Ruud Klaver ruud at ag-projects.com
Wed Oct 29 15:09:58 CET 2008

Hi Jeff,

On 29 Oct 2008, at 14:47, Jeff Pyle wrote:

> Ah, I see.  I've never tried Debian before but I can create a new VM
> and
> see how it goes.  Are there any NAT implications of having the SIP
> proxy
> at a different IP address than the Mediaproxy Relay?
>
> - Jeff

Follow the directions in the included documentation to install
Mediaproxy 2 directly from the AG projects repository, it should be
quite straightforward if you do that.

It was specifically designed to have the media-relay (or in fact
several relays) on a different host than the media-dispatcher (which
should be on the same host as the sip proxy). Typically you should be
running both on public IP addresses however for them to make any sense.

Also, I am not sure how well the media-relay functions in a VM
environment, since I have never tried it. Be aware that you are
streaming real-time traffic (i.e. jitter sensitive) through the media-
relay, this could behave erratically in a VM.

Ruud Klaver
AG Projects