[OpenSIPS-Users] Dispatcher Configuration

Gonzalez, Julio julio.gonzalez at cgi.com
Fri Oct 24 10:12:35 CEST 2008

Hi All,

I am using the dispatcher (in OpenSip 1.4.2) module to balance the load
but I am struggling with the fail-over configuration. As far as I know,
OpenSip is a transaction stateful server (not dialog statefull) so that
It will not correlate the different transactions of one dialog.

My problem is in case of failover when a dialog was already established.
The scenario is as follows:

1. During the course of the call, the application server goes down

2. Application Server back-up takes over.

3. Call is not affected. RTP continues flowing.

4. User disconnects the call.

5. When the user disconnect the call, obviously the BYE will try the get
the old route to the destination, but as this Application Server was
"moved" to another IP Address

6. OpenSip receives a timeout.

7. OpenSip notes the problem, marks destination unavailable and selects
the new destination from the list of proxies.

8. Message goes to destination.

I looked at the list and there are a couple of examples but all of these
are assuming the initial INVITE. Here, I already sent the INVITE and the
call was successful established...

How can I set up (or where in) the configuration file to capture this
reply message?

I tried to used the reply_route section, but I it is not allowed to put
calls like dst_mark() ..

Any help will be much appreciated.

Julio Gonzalez-Saenz