[OpenSIPS-Users] [OpenSIPS-Devel] [RFD] Unified way of sending SIP replies from modules

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Fri Oct 10 08:47:51 CEST 2008

Hi Dan,

Dan Pascu wrote:
> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu wrote:
>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> It is not an error (there is no error reported), but is inconsistent
>> - something like buying a car and then taking the bike :)....
>
> There are errors reported in syslog that the transaction was not
> released.
this is a different story and indeed it also needs a fix - I agree on this..
> And I'm free to buy a car then use a bike. It's not an error to do
> so... :P
As said, it is not error, but it is wired :D...

>> If we get into details, there are some RFC violation with this: any
>> following retransmission will be absorbed by t_newtran, but no reply
>> will be retransmited (as RFC says), because the transaction is not
>> aware of the reply you sent via sl_send_reply...
>>

> OpenSIPS should be able to detect when the script finished processing,
> if the transaction that was created was also used in any way or not.
> If it was not, it should issue a t_release automatically after the
> script returns without issuing any error to syslog.
it is not about using or releasing the transaction - it is about the
request retransmissions (from UAC) which are not correctly handled
(instead of having opensips retransmitting the last sent reply - as per
RFC -, nothing will happen with the current approach)