[OpenSIPS-Users] SST module: Min-SE optional in request

Schumann Sebastian Sebastian.Schumann at t-com.sk
Wed Oct 8 15:22:14 CEST 2008

Erm, I overread your statement too quickly, sorry. I may disagree actually:

> > AFAIK, the "422 Session-Timer too small" is a response related to
> > "Session-Expires" value - the other party considers the
> value to high
> > and in the reject adds the Min-SE with the minimum accepted
> > Session-Expires.
> Exactly. But my initial INVITE Session-Expires: 300 gets
> rejected, although modparam("sst", "min_se", 120) is set. So
> 300 should be accepted if min_se is 120. But is does get
> rejected from this client. Another client, that also includes
> MIN-SE: 90 (minimal default by RFC, thus optional in initial
> INVITE) and has the same values in Session-Expires gets
> accepted. So I correlated the absence if Min-SE in the
> initial INVITE as reason for its failure.

In fact, Min-SE is the _minimum_ accepted. So if I set it to 90, I do not accept 45. 300 however would be accepted. So it is a lower bound (other party would consider it too LOW), not upper as you interpreted here...

See RFC:
   The Min-SE header field indicates the minimum value for the session
   interval, in units of delta-seconds.  When used in an INVITE or
   UPDATE request, it indicates the smallest value of the session
   interval that can be used for that session.

Do you interpret this statement the same way?

Sebastian