[OpenSIPS-Users] About "nat_traversal" fix_contact()

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Wed Nov 12 10:00:26 CET 2008

On Wednesday 12 November 2008, Iñaki Baz Castillo wrote:
> El Miércoles, 12 de Noviembre de 2008, Iñaki Baz Castillo escribió:
> > Hi, "nat_traversal" has a function "fix_contact()" that is basically
> > the same as "nathelper" "fix_nated_contact()", but "nat_traversal"
> > hasn't a function like "fix_nated_register()" to add the source
> > address as Contact parameter during registration.
> >
> > Am I right? hasn't "nat_traversal" that feature so we need using
> > "nathelpeer" module to allow registration behind NAT?
>
> Ops, I am readin now "nat_traversal" documentation section "1.7.2.
> $source_uri" in which this subject is explained :)

Yes. Basically fix_nated_register() was superseded by the $source_uri
pseudo-variable, which provides a more flexible and cleaner solution.

nat_traversal is a standalone module designed to supersede both nathelper
and mediaproxy in matters regarding NAT traversal for SIP signaling, so
it is fully contained and doesn't need anything from them.
All the functionality related to SIP signaling NAT traversal was already
moved from mediaproxy into nat_traversal and it remains for nathelper to
do the same, in the end the nathelper and mediaproxy modules will only do
NAT traversal for media.

--
Dan