[OpenSIPS-Users] [Fwd: [Serdev] the sip router project]

Stefan Sayer stefan.sayer at iptego.com
Sat Nov 8 13:18:17 CET 2008

o Bogdan-Andrei Iancu [11/06/08 12:11]:
> Hi Juha,
>
> because, as I stated it many times, in the end, the decisions taken in
> openser had nothing to do technical logic. Shortly, the was no
> intellectual honesty in regards to technical part.
Bogdan, please. Politics and commercial
interests seldomly have anything to do with technical considerations. if
it is only about technical part, then you create a branch in svn, do the
changes there, benchmark it, if really necessary create, advertise and
distribute packages from your branch, and by all that show everyone that
your design is superior, after which it is easy to merge back to trunk.
No need to fork the whole project, making later merges difficult,
splitting up users, contributors, and lowering business credibility of
the whole thing.

Regards
Stefan

> Regards,
> Bogdan
>

> Juha Heinanen wrote:
>> Bogdan-Andrei Iancu writes:
>>
>>  > Have you ever consider a fork as an option driven by technical needs??
>>  > Like to do something totally different than you have and than the other
>>  > people want to do.
>>  >
>>  > After 7 year of SER/OpenSER I (and many other) got to simplest
>>  > conclusion that the current design is not able to sustain the progress
>>  > of SER / OpenSER (like scripting, async calls, integration, scaling,
>>  > etc) ? Mainly because SER was design 7 years ago when there was only
>>  > stateless processing, no TCP, etc....
>>
>> bogdan,
>>
>> the above makes sense, but i have never been able to figure out why you
>> could not implement the new designs as part of openser project that you
>> yourself started.  if it was due to people, that may happen any time
>> again (unless you work alone) and has nothing to do with technical
>> needs.
>>
>> -- juha

Stefan Sayer
VoIP Services