[OpenSIPS-Users] [SR-Dev] [Fwd: [Serdev] the sip router project]

Adrian Georgescu ag at ag-projects.com
Wed Nov 5 17:27:07 CET 2008

As Bogdan already revealed, our intentions is to produce a new design
for the core that will address the scalability and security
requirement in a completely different manner than the original project
because with the passing of time the requirements of the customers of
the original product have also changed.

I believe that both projects will learn from each other and grow
better by going their own separate ways. As an eco-system we have
matured enough in the last five years to be able to learn from and
admit about our own mistakes in the past and look now at a better
future.

Regards,
Adrian

5 nov 2008 kl. 11.41 skrev Bogdan-Andrei Iancu:

 > After 7 year of SER/OpenSER I (and many other) got to simplest
 > conclusion that the current design is not able to sustain the
progress
 > of SER / OpenSER (like scripting, async calls, integration, scaling,
 > etc) ? Mainly because SER was design 7 years ago when there was only
 > stateless processing, no TCP, etc....
 >
 > And I personally do not see any future in keep trying to patch the
 > existing design as it has no future
Bogdan,

Thanks for the good insight in why you don't want to join the effort,
but go your own way. If you have different ideas for the core than what
you understand from the other teams, then there's no reason for you
to join the effort. I did not realize that was the case, now I do
understand
you better.

 > nature invented forking for seeking new alternatives!

A good way of expressing it :-)

At the same time, there's something to be said for the old, solid and
good
non-forked original product... Abba is still more enjoyable than all the
forks... Ha ha!

Cheers,
/O