[OpenSIPS-Users] CANCEL and 408 Request Timeout when fr_inv_timer expires

Ricardo Lopez Camino rlopezcamino at gmail.com
Tue Dec 30 20:51:14 CET 2008

I've tried redirecting the request to the voicemail URI, when the tm timer
expires.
---
if (t_check_status("480|408")) {
               revert_uri();
               sethostport("voicemail_ip:5060");
               append_branch();
               t_relay();
      }
---

But that's not the way I want the voicemail working. What I'm looking for is
a way to respond "408 Request Timeout" only in the LEG2 initiated by
asterisk (and send just one CANCEL to User 2 (called)). That way asterisk
will respond 200 OK to User 1 (LEG 1) and this user will be able to record a
voicemail message.

                                    LEG1                      B2BUA
                            LEG2
User 1 ---------------->> OpenSIPS -------------->> Asterisk

I've found what the problem is. Using this Setup, the timer (most of the
times) expires simultaneously in both legs and that's the reason of why the
CANCEL and the 408 are sent to both legs as well.
I dont know if there is a way to change this behavior by configuration. I'm
going through the code to better understand how the tm module works. Thanks
for youtr help.

Regards,

Ricardo