[OpenSIPS-Users] Old question about mediaproxy "bridge" mode between public and private networks

Brett Nemeroff brett at nemeroff.com
Thu Dec 11 18:34:42 CET 2008

Nice addresses!! (rolling eyes) I guess they just thought they'd start
re-numbering the internet starting at 1.0.0.0. Brilliant!

Well if it's routable it shouldn't matter. I thought you were going to
say that you had conflicting addresses in the RFC1918 space (ie: a
customer with a 192.168.15.20 address and a media gateway also on the
same address on the other side of the network). Other than that, even
if they are goofy addresses, it shouldn't matter as long as it's
properly routable.

As for RTP and SIP.. You'll be telling the carriers to send RTP to
your external IP and signal to your external IP.. So I don't think
you'll have a problem. I'm curious why you say mediaproxy can't do it.

-Brett