[OpenSIPS-Users] OpenXCAP and Open IMS

Kenneth Löfstrand kenneth at ip-solutions.se
Fri Dec 5 17:39:55 CET 2008

Hi
I have started playing around with the combination Open IMS/Presence,
OpenXCAP and OpenIMS. Currently OpenXCAP and the presence server are
installed in the same PC and the Open IMS stuff in other PC's. I can
have a terminal sending XCAP requests to OpenXCAP and I can subscribe
and publish to the presence server through the IMS network but the
presence server doesn't care about the presence rule documents.

When sending the XCAP PUT request I use the command:

PUT org.openmobilealliance.pres-rules/users/sip:alice at mydomain/pres-rules

no problem so far and the document can also be retreived.

When bob subscribes for alice presence information I can see that the
presence server sends a GET request using another AUID:

GET presence-rules/users/sip:alice at mydomain/index

and this results in a 404 error response. Why getting the index instead
of pres-rules?

 From what I understand the AUID is defined in a different way by IETF
and OMA. How can this be handled by OpenIMS/OpenXCAP/OpenSIPS?

Best regards
Kenneth Löfstrand