[OpenSIPS-Users] Mediaproxy 2.0 - Dispatcher vs Relay

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Sun Aug 31 00:35:52 CEST 2008

Hi Nuno,

First of all, for NAT traversal, you have several options:
    1) STUN - nat traversal on client side
    2) TURN (media relay) - nat traversal on server side

For TURN, in OpenSIPS, you have 2 options:
    1) rtpproxy (media relay) + nathelper (module)
    2) mediaproxy (media relay) + mediaproxy (module)

Now, going to your question - the relay is the actual application doing
the media relay ; the dispatcher is a controller used to load-balance
the relay commands among the available media relay apps.