[OpenSIPS-Users] MediaProxy Issue

Ruud Klaver ruud at ag-projects.com
Mon Aug 25 13:36:18 CEST 2008

Hi Darren,

On 22 Aug 2008, at 22:03, Darren Sessions wrote:

> I keep on getting this message from media-dispatcher:
>
> Error processing request: Non-update command received from OpenSER
> for unknown session

This is probably caused by spurious BYE messages seen by OpenSER. It
will tell the MediaProxy dispatcher to remove those sessions, but the
dispatcher will have no state stored about these sessions. You can
safely ignore this warning.

> About a minute into the call, I get these messages from media-relay:
>
> (Port 50000 Closed)
> (Port 50001 Closed)
> (Port 50002 Closed)
> (Port 50003 Closed)
>
> Although the call is still up with two-way audio.
>
> The 'got statistcs' dump shows that the caller address and callee
> address are 'Unknown', and the codec simply has a '-' in it even
> though we're using G711u. In addition, the byte caller and bytes
> called are both 0 in the manager interface.
>

> <snip>

Have you considered that the media simply is not flowing through the
relay? Most likely your endpoints have some means of determining that
they are behind NAT and have figured out their own way to deal with
this, i.e. STUN/ICE. You should try disabling this functionality on
the endpoints when testing the MediaProxy.

Ruud Klaver
AG Projects