[OpenSIPS-Users] Compiling MediaProxy 2.0 on CentOS 5

Dan Pascu dan at ag-projects.com
Wed Aug 13 22:24:25 CEST 2008

> > On 08/08/2008, at 8:39 PM, David Villasmil wrote:
> >> Can't really help you there, I could never get 2.0 to work.

As I mentioned in another email, you need to have the development version
of libnetfilter-conntrack (usually named libnetfilter-conntrack-dev)
installed. If after installing that you still have issues compiling, post
the compiler messages here.

> > So then the next question:-
> >
> > What are people using for RTP stream proxying?
> >
> > It seems as though there are two solutions; media proxy (which
> > doesn't scale well, and seems to have no ability to run more than a
> > single instance on one box, and so is useless in SMP situations, but
> > does play nicely for accounting when a SIP BYE is missed) and
> > RTPProxy (which scales much better, but doesn't have the
> > corresponding accounting benefits.) I'm looking for a solution that
> > does both :-)

Actually that is no longer accurate. This was true with mediaproxy 1. With
mediaproxy 2, it uses all the CPUs you have since the forwarding is done
in kernel space so it doesn't need to run more than one copy on the same
host for this. It scales much better then rtpproxy as it doesn't need to
spend time to copy packets from kernel space to user space and back.
Instead they are just forwarded by the conntrack layer directly at kernel
level. And mediaproxy 2 has all the accounting features of mediaproxy 1
plus some more.

--
Dan