[OpenSIPS-Users] dispatcher module + load balancing + round robin

technocrat voip techievoip at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 16:10:28 CEST 2008

I am have openser installed and my expectation with the below configuration
is open ser will forward the request it gets to the other servers (
dispatch.cfg ) in round robin fashion .

I mean first will goto the first serer and second to the second server and
third again to first server like that..

My configs are like below

openser.cfg

children=4

/* uncomment the following lines to enable debugging */
debug=9
fork=no
log_stderror=yes
port=5060

/* uncomment and configure the following line if you want openser to
   bind on a specific interface/port/proto (default bind on all available)
*/
listen=udp:xxx.xxx.xxx.204:5060

####### Modules Section ########

#set module path
mpath="/usr/local/lib/openser/modules/"

/* uncomment next line for MySQL DB support */
#loadmodule "mysql.so"
loadmodule "sl.so"
loadmodule "tm.so"
loadmodule "rr.so"
loadmodule "maxfwd.so"
loadmodule "usrloc.so"
loadmodule "registrar.so"
loadmodule "textops.so"
loadmodule "mi_fifo.so"
loadmodule "uri_db.so"
loadmodule "uri.so"
loadmodule "xlog.so"
loadmodule "acc.so"
loadmodule "dispatcher.so"
# ----------------- setting module-specific parameters ---------------

# ----- mi_fifo params -----
modparam("mi_fifo", "fifo_name", "/tmp/openser_fifo")

# ----- rr params -----
# add value to ;lr param to cope with most of the UAs
modparam("rr", "enable_full_lr", 1)
# do not append from tag to the RR (no need for this script)
modparam("rr", "append_fromtag", 0)
# ----- rr params -----
modparam("registrar", "method_filtering", 1)
# ----- uri_db params -----
/* by default we disable the DB support in the module as we do not need it
   in this configuration */
modparam("uri_db", "use_uri_table", 0)
modparam("uri_db", "db_url", "")
# ----- usrloc params -----
modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   0)
/* uncomment the following lines if you want to enable DB persistency
   for location entries */
#modparam("usrloc", "db_mode",   2)
#modparam("usrloc", "db_url",
#    "mysql://openser:openserrw@localhost/openser")

# ----- auth_db params -----
/* uncomment the following lines if you want to enable the DB based
   authentication */

#------ dispatcher params -----
modparam("dispatcher","list_file","/usr/local/etc/openser/dispatcher.cfg")

####### Routing Logic ########

# main request routing logic

route{

    log(1,"This is the another log message \n");
    xlog("L_INFO", "SIP Request: method [$rm] from [$fu] to [$tu]\n");

    if (!mf_process_maxfwd_header("10")) {
        sl_send_reply("483","Too Many Hops");
        exit;
    }

    ds_select_dst("2","4");

    forward();
}

dispatcher.cfg

# $Id: dispatcher.list 3662 2008-02-07 13:06:00Z miconda $
# dispatcher destination sets
#

# line format
# setit(integer) destination(sip uri) flags (integer, optional)

# proxies
2 sip:xx.xx.xxx.137:5080
2 sip:xxx.xxx.xx.59:5080

continously it goes to 59 only it never goes to 137 ..

Any help in this would be appreciated.

Please