[OpenSIPS-Users] Planning next release - Roadmap

Bogdan-Andrei Iancu bogdan at voice-system.ro
Sat Aug 9 17:30:31 CEST 2008

Hi,

I'm crossposting this email as I think both communities are to be
interested : users - what needs to be added; devel - what to add and how.

In order for us to be as efficient as possible, before starting the work
on the next release, I want to start a discussion with users and
developes to :
    1) get a list with whatever people consider it will be useful for
the next openSIPS's releases
    2) to select a sub-list to be addressed for the next release.

We need to agree what what should be done in order to share and unify
the work effort :).

So, Let's start building the list first (later we see what we pick up
for the next release). Here is a starting version I came up with:

1) TM - cancel processing (Reason header, cancel per branch from script,
auto processing in script)

2) TM - transaction building - split in 2 phases to be able to go
stateful asap (for retransimissions), but to be able to apply changes
(like lumps, flags, etc) until you do relay.

3) dialog - more work on BYE (sending byes from script makes sense ?)

4) dialog integration in NAT and SIPTRACE modules - do control at dialog
level instead of transaction level

5) starting working on a B2BUA module based on TM (like for topology hiding)

6) db_mysql - prepared statements to speedup a bit

7) add load-balancing logic (to actually make use of load information -
internal or external) to do be used in traffic dispatching

8) NAT modules integration - move all signalling NAT related functions
to nat_traversal and move nathelper into rtpproxy module (only as
rtpproxy connector)

9) MI_XMLRPC module - better integration with libxmlrpc-c3 - try to add
process versus threads runtime switch.

10) AVPs - use auto aliasing everywhere - aliases in script and IDs
internally - this will make the AVP easier to use and less confusing
(having only $avp(name)) and also more efficient (internally all AVPs
will be $avp(i:id))

11) ACC radius support - find a way to avoid module recompilling for
enabling RADIUS support

12) XMPP - dialog support (along IM and presence)

13) multi-domain support in RR - let opensips core to learn the set of
domains loaded by "domains" modules -> solves the RR problem when using
pre-loaded route.

14) better blacklists integration - make some routing modules to
automatically publish blacklists at runtime base

15) rework diameter support.

16) PV - try to find a consistent NULL behaviour for all script variables

17) TCP+TLS rework of : blocking, scalability, nat traversal, performance

18) start the work on introducing "context" for message processing - any
future work on async processing depends on this.

Again, I would like all of you to feel free to add whatever they
consider relevant to this list.