[OpenSIPS-Users] RTP and RTCP

Ovidiu Sas osas at voipembedded.com
Sat Aug 9 14:52:00 CEST 2008

You will need full support from the client and I doubt that there are
implementation that are doing this.

see http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3605.txt:

2.1.  The RTCP Attribute

   The RTCP attribute is used to document the RTCP port used for media
   stream, when that port is not the next higher (odd) port number
   following the RTP port described in the media line.  The RTCP
   attribute is a "value" attribute, and follows the general syntax
   specified page 18 of [RFC2327]: "a=<attribute>:<value>".  For the
   RTCP attribute:

   *  the name is the ascii string "rtcp" (lower case),

   *  the value is the RTCP port number and optional address.

   The formal description of the attribute is defined by the following
   ABNF [RFC2234] syntax:

   rtcp-attribute =  "a=rtcp:" port  [nettype space addrtype space
                         connection-address] CRLF

   In this description, the "port", "nettype", "addrtype" and
   "connection-address" tokens are defined as specified in "Appendix A:
   SDP Grammar" of [RFC2327].

   Example encodings could be:

    m=audio 49170 RTP/AVP 0
    a=rtcp:53020

    m=audio 49170 RTP/AVP 0
    a=rtcp:53020 IN IP4 126.16.64.4

    m=audio 49170 RTP/AVP 0
    a=rtcp:53020 IN IP6 2001:2345:6789:ABCD:EF01:2345:6789:ABCD

Regards,
Ovidiu Sas