[OpenSIPS-Users] RTP and RTCP

David Villasmil david.villasmil.work at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 13:46:11 CEST 2008

Got an easy question:

     RTCP packet are send to monitor media QoS, this much I know. ;) My
question is this: Are RTCP packets sent directly between end points? Or can
they be routed using a thrid party? For instance, Lets say 1 UAC makes a
call through SIP Server A, and UAC 2 ansers the call, RTP packets are sent
from UAC <--> UAC directly, but can they be instructed to send RTCP packets
via SIP Server A? I obviously haven't read the RFC, but if this could be
done, we would have a way of knowing whether the call is still up or not,
hence perfect accounting even if we don't receive the BYE from the UACs.

thanks

david