[Users] [OT] WeSIP don't work with JDK1.6.0?

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at netsyncro.com
Thu Apr 26 23:22:39 CEST 2007

I apologize for the noise/rant of this post, but I feel something needs
to be said.

"By now support will be made trough the USERS openser mailing list"
Source: http://www.wesip.com/mediawiki/index.php/SupportMailingList

1) I don't object to you making a commercial product, but please do not
direct your users to this list.
2) I'm no license expert and won't confirm this by downloading your
software, but seems you are in violation of the GPL by linking into
openser and not releasing your software under a compatible license.
3) "WeSIP is patent pending technology"
Source: http://www.wesip.com/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
Where exactly is this technology pending patent?  Do you have a
reference number by some chance?
4) I'm going to be a bit of a jerk and say you probably don't have the
capital to successfully litigate any international licensing violations
of your software.  So why was this license chosen exactly?

To point of this is to not waste more of everyone's time, but to
encourage the company behind this seemingly fine product to GPL their
source so others can contribute.

Thanks

C.