[Users] LCR in cache mode

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Wed Apr 25 11:53:40 CEST 2007

Papadopoulos Georgios writes:

 > Well, in my case the IP belongs to an asterisk server which then sends
 > the call to 5 PSTN gateways. I use this trick with the 5 different
 > prefixes to make asterisk choose between the 5 PSTN gateways. It works
 > fine in db mode but not in cache mode. Shouldn't lcr behave the same in
 > both modes?

db_mode does not exist anymore in 1.2.  it was relic from the past.

 > I tried working around this by puting the 5 entries into 5 different gw
 > groups (this sounds like a bigger hack to me than what I am currently
 > doing). Still, in cache mode the same entry is always picked.

that is because according to the current design of lcr module a gateway
prefix is gateway specific gateways being identified by their ip
addresses.  if request matches more than one gateway, only one of them
is left on the list and the rest are pruned.

-- juha