[Users] XCAP-Lite problems

Schumann Sebastian Sebastian.Schumann at t-com.sk
Mon Apr 16 16:47:56 CEST 2007

Dear all,

starting to build up OpenSER as presence server, I had no mentionable problems. Now, I tried to implement an Apache2 based XCAP server to store presence info, buddy lists etc. there.

I have a problem setting up the XCAP-Lite server v0.9. Searching the web and the mailing list did not lead to a successful answer why the following happens:

After setting up Apache2 with all required modules, virtual host etc. I try to use Eyebeam 1.5 to write the presrules and resource-list.xml to the database. This failes.

I have successfully installed Apache2 with pear (+ extensions), php, mysql support.
I created a virtual host with the following settings:

NameVirtualHost *
<VirtualHost *>
	<Location "/">
		Dav On   #necessary for PUT method
	</Location>

        ServerName          172.16.167.128
	DocumentRoot        /var/www/   #/var/www/xcap-root didn't work for GET as well, changed
	RewriteEngine       On
	RewriteLog	    /var/log/apache2/rewrite.log
	RewriteLogLevel     2
	RewriteRule         /xcap-root/(.*) /xcap-root/index.php
	ProxyVia            On
</VirtualHost>

I putted all files from XCAP-Lite archive in /var/www/xcap-root.

After using PUT method through Eyebeam (change in contact list) I receive the 204 No content message.
BUT: Not the database content is changed, the putted XML file overwrites index.php instead, which means, further requests fail.

Does anybody know why the access to database does not work? Password etc. in config.php is ok.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Sebastian

PS: As I didn't find a mail address of the author of the program, I hope he is also subscribed to that list. There is probably an error in xcap-lib.php on line 766. I think there is a space between function and XCAPclient necessary.