[Users] Module tm, function t_lookup_request

Wolfgang Hottgenroth woho at hottis.de
Fri Apr 13 11:33:52 CEST 2007

Hi,

yep, I saw that function. However, I miss the function
t_retransmit_reply too. I have the following piece of code in my script:

    if (t_lookup_request()) {
        t_retransmit_reply();
        return;
    }

This snippet appears very early in the script, before any sophisticated
stuff. Using this code I avoided the handling of retransmitted REQUESTs,
just to recognize the retransmission in the final t_relay statement,
where it would be dropped. Thereby I achieved a remarkable performance
increase, since the handling in between is indeed somewhat resource
consuming.

What can I do now to achieve the retransmission of the reply? Just use
t_relay and rely on the recognition therein?

Something like this:

    if (method != "ACK" && t_check_trans()) {
      t_relay();
      return;
    }

In this case, it is crucial, that the retransmission recognition in
t_relay works properly and definitely just a retransmission of the reply
appears and NO relaying to the destination.

Would this work?

Thanks,
Wolfgang