[Users] proxy-authenticate causes phone to drop authenticate creds
markprice at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 23:03:22 CEST 2007
I am using openser 1.1.x as a front end to asterisk.
Here is what happens in the dialog:
1. phone sends invite
2. openser says "Unauthorized"
3. phone sends invite + Authorization header
4. openser auths the packet and forwards to asterisk
5. asterisk says "proxy authentication required"
6. openser says "proxy authentication required"
here is where it gets interesting.
7.a On some devices, the phone sends invite + Authorization header +
7.b On some devices, the phone sends invite + Proxy-Authorization header.
How does one work around 7.b?
Really, what I want to see is how to make it so that asterisk does not
try to authenticate the call. However, since that doesn't seem to be
possible, what is the sensible way to route these calls?
More information about the Users