[Users] OpenSER as outbound proxy with local routing

raviprakash sunkara sunkara.raviprakash.feb14 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 07:22:36 CEST 2007

If the User is not local
if(!lookup("location"))
{
rewritehostport("Voip Terminated proxy");
};

the Above one should be routed in Invite Section ,
This may helps U.....

By using the Sip regular Expression u can Forward  to any other Proxy (
Asterisk )
Asterisk is Using as Prompt Messages for me Servicing
Any Doubt , Am Always With OpenSER mailing Listing ,
This Mailing Helps me more

On 4/2/07, Siddhardha Garige <siddu999 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>
> I have a special requirement and just wondering if anyone has any Idea
> about this.
>
> I have 200 sip clients registering to a local VoIP terminator. All phones
> are provisioned at Terminator proxy.  Currently we  getting billed for local
> calls too due to messages going all the way to terminator even for local
> calls. Here is a solution I am thinking of to avoid local call cost.
>
> 1. make all phones to register to OpenSER box.
> 2. OpenSER changes its address to Terminator address and forwards
>     registrations to  VoIP terminator Proxy.
> 3. When it receives 200OK for the registration it changes address back to
> itself
>     and forwards 200OK to client. With 200OK it stores location for local
> entry.
> 4. When an invite arrives at OpenSER it checks for destination in local
> entries to
>     see if its a locally registered client. If its locally registered
> client it will route the
>     call locally or send to VoIP terminator proxy.
>
> Can this be done with OpenSER? If so can anyone point me to some ref
> document?
>
> I am a beginner and havening trouble figuring out these issues. Any help
> is greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
> Sid
>

> "May the light be with you."